Sunday, January 13, 2013

Giani Granite Review: Transforming My Counter Tops

As most of you who follow my Blog know, We are working on remodeling our 1910 built home. Although I would really love to gut my Kitchen and get a new one , that is just not in the foreseeable budgeted future, so I am doing the next best thing.

The Kitchen has become my first DIY project that I have tackled alone and that Chris actually let me do on my own. 

My counter tops were just plain ugly. I wanted something that looked more modern and made my kitchen look larger than it is. I choose to use a Giani Granite Counter Top Kit to redo the old counter tops. 

Take a good look at what my counter tops looked like before.

As you can see in the picture, I had old tile in some spots and wood in other spots. They were very unattractive.  I choose the Giani Granite White Diamond  Granite Kit to transform my counter tops with.


Giani Granite Counter top kits are super easy and I accomplished it all in a weekend ( most was drying time between steps.


The first step after cleaning them very well was to apply the primer included in my kit, which was black. You apply a very thin coat as you see here.

You let your primer dry for 8 hours before you continue to step 2. It took me about 1 hour to totally prime all my counters. Everything I needed to prime the counter tops was included with my kit.


Next up was applying the 3 minerals included with the kit, which are your prime colors for transforming your counter tops. I applied the Pearl, then the lighter tan color then the bright white. This took about 2 hours to do all of my counters and another 4 hours dry time ( I actually left mine overnight since it was later in the evening when I finished this part)

To apply the color, you use a sponge which is included in the kit, and the best part was that you did not need to wash the sponge out when changing to the next mineral color.


This looks amazing and the picture above is before I put the final sealant on. 

The final step was the apply the sealant. This was the easiest part, and again, everything I needed was included in my kit. This part took about half an hour and was super simple.

My husband was impressed with my accomplishments and at how well the Giani Granite Kit worked. My kitchen still needs work, but this simply made it look so much better already. I have been texting pictures all day to my friends and family because I am in love with my new counter tops.


Below, the final outcome after 2 coats of sealant and after  it had dried for 4 hours.




As you can see, we still have much work to do. The wall paper is 7 layers deep and era 1950's which will be removed and painted  and the cabinets need to be painted ( I am doing this on a budget and all on my own, so I will not be replacing the cabinets)

I was super impressed with the Giani Granite counter Top paint kits and would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking to remodel their kitchen or bath on a budget.

Giani Granite has many different Granite Kits to choose from and you can see all the colors HERE





18 comments :

  1. That looks amazing! I can't believe how good it looks. I'll have to tell my friend who despises her counter tops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Ive been considering doing this to my counters. Mine are butt ugly, and need help desperately. And need to be done on a budget. I think, now, I am going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I've seen this idea but truthfully it scared me. Love that it worked out beautifully for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really cool! I love how it looks like marble, and you did it yourself! You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those countertops look amazing!! Now you can bask in your beautiful hard work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an amazing job and they look wonderful! I have considered doing mine but am scared to mess them up:/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing transformation! It is going to be awhile before we get to remodel our kitchen, because I want/need new cabinets too - but when we get ready, this is a project that will definitely be on my list. Thanks for sharing!

    Brenda W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the middle of doing mine. I can't wait to see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing. It looks great! I just called granite countertops NH to have mine redone too! Must be that time of year, hopefully they comes out as great as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful photos of countertops same as granite countertops Somerset County actually I'm so excited to see latest example of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that these granite countertops vancouver are quality. They really can hold up for so much longer than other counters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this information! Do you have any recommendations for a good place that does granite countertops in Vancouver?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know that my marble countertops from Vancouver have completely transformed my kitchen. It looks great! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete